Team Leader – Sensory & Consumer Science
Mt Albert, Auckland, New Zealand
Vacancy number 52659
Permanent fulltime (38 hours per week)
Salary range: $118,000 to $154,000, depending on skills and experience
What you will be doing
You will lead the development and performance of the Sensory & Consumer Science research team by implementing science strategy, building science capability, leading the procurement of research funding and fostering a positive culture that provides team members with a sense of purpose and wellbeing.
You will also develop, lead and deliver science programmes of relevance to PFR and its stakeholders and customers based on your personal science track record, competencies and interests.
The position is expected to require 0.4 FTE for team leadership and 0.6 FTE for research contributions.
For a more detailed outline of the role the Position Description is available for you to view once you click on the ‘apply’ button.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, our ideal candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification (ideally PhD) in a relevant science area.
- At least 10 years’ research experience in consumer science or sensory science topics relevant to the fresh produce and food and beverage industries.
- At least 5 years’ experience in leading research teams, including experienced and new scientists, research associates and technicians.
- Evidence of success as an inspiring leader, organiser, coach and builder of effective high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated success in scientific research, technology development, technology transfer, or the application of complex specialist expertise.
- An enthusiastic and culturally sensitive collaborator and relationship builder that fosters strong and constructive relationships within and outside the organisation.
- A proven track record of securing funding from Government, industry and/or technology customers.
- A strong portfolio of scientific and industry publications relevant to the role.