From Concept to Market: Sensory Evaluation in Asia
29-30 July 2022, at the Hanoi University of Science and Technology in Ha Noi city.
SPISE’s mission is to promote sensory and consumer science in Asia. SPISE provides opportunity for sensory professionals and food scientists to meet, to exchange, and to collaborate in the field of sensory science and other related fields. SPISE is also a place where young scientists can learn from tutorials and can also introduce their latest research. SPISE is a place where students, academia, and industrials from all over Asia and the world gather and interact. In other words, this conference is the conference for us all.
In the past two years, we have been living under the disastrous impact of COVID-19, which have caused numerous damages all over the world. Due to the pandemic, SPISE2020 has been cancelled and postponed up until now. Therefore, with great pleasure, we announce the comeback of SPISE in 2022, SPISE2020+2, with the theme: From Concept to Market: Sensory Evaluation in Asia. The conference will be organized at the main campus of the Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Ha Noi city, Vietnam.
- Relationship between products, consumers, and contexts
- Applications of sensory evaluation in the food and non-food industry
- Applied statistics in sensory evaluation and consumer understanding
- Sustainable food products development
- Advances in sensory and consumer methodology
- Sensory strategies in food marketing
- Social determinants of food choice
- Cross-cultural sensory and consumer research
- Measurement of product experiences and emotions
- Sensory perception under the impact of Covid-19
- Dr. Danielle Reed, Associate Director of the Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia, USA
- Dr. Jae-Hee Hong, Seoul National University, Korea
- Dr. Sébastien Lê, Institut Agro Rennes-Angers, France
- Abstract Submission: April 30, 2022
- Early Bird Registration: May 30, 2022
- Full paper submission: July 06, 2022
- Standard Registration: July 15, 2022
In addition, we would like to invite you to join us for two workshops: one “Advanced” course on relating physicochemical data to sensory data (two table analysis) and one “Industrial” course on understanding products from a consumer perspective (in English with Vietnamese translation), which will be held parallel on July 25-28, 2022. The instructors of this workshop are Dr. Herve Abdi, University of Texas at Dallas, USA and Dr. Sébastien Lê, Institut Agro Rennes-Angers, France and respectively.