SENSORY SPECIALIST AT BREWDOG
As our sensory specialist, you will be responsible for collecting and analysing all sensory data relating to our beers throughout several stages of the brewing and packaging process. You will report these results to our production team in order to help guide brewing techniques to ensure the flavour experience of all our beers is consistent, true to style, bold and mouth-watering. You will be a self-starter and a willing communicator with excellent analytical abilities.
- Designing and implementing a sensory analysis program which will operate as a separate function to the chemical and physical evaluation of our beers, beneath the umbrella of our lab and quality control departments.
- Managing aroma analysis and taste testing through organising internal tasting schedules and ensuring the data collected from these is properly recorded, evaluated and compiled into reports
- Evaluating the sensory abilities of other staff members in order to assemble an in house team who will assist in the sensory analysis of our beers at regular tasting panels.
- Compile and assess the data collected through sensory analysis and work together with other lab team members to ensure the results meet internal standards and correlate with chemical and physical testing.
- Troubleshooting problems or inconsistencies when they arise.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in sensory analysis, preferably from the whisky, perfume, wine or beer industries.
- A science degree, preferably majoring in biology or chemistry.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as good leadership and management abilities.
- IT literate and able to operate Microsoft Office. More niche experience in analysis and data storage systems will be looked upon favourably.