RAPID METHODS FOR SENSORY CHARACTERIZATION
16th-17th September 2014, Nofima Ås (Norway)
(deadline for registration: August 25th)
Aspects related to practical implementation and data analysis will be discussed. Attendees will gain better understanding of the implementation of sensory characterization studies and the interpretation of the results using real-life examples from the industry, including food (beverages, fruits, dairy, bakery, etc..) and non-food products (cosmetics, electronic gadgets). Statistical software for data analysis will be presented.
- Introduction to sensory characterization
- Classic sensory characterization methodologies: Descriptive Analysis
- Introduction to factorial statistical techniques (PCA, MCA, MFA)
- New trends in sensory characterization
- Sensory characterization based on attributes: Flash Profiling and Check-all-that-apply (CATA) questions
- Holistic methods based on global perception of similarities and differences: (sorting and Projective Mapping/Napping®)
- Sensory characterization based on comparison with references: Polarized Sensory Positioning (PSP) and Polarized Projective Mapping (PPM)
Lecturers: Dr. Paula Varela (Nofima) and Dr. Gastón Ares (Universidad de la República, Uruguay)
For registration, use this link: https://www.netigate.se/a/s.aspx?s=162207X9244 or you’ll find the link at the right side of this website: http://www.nofima.no/en/kurs/2014/05/rapid-methods-for- sensory-characterization. Final date for registration is August 25th.
The course is free of charge for project partners in the RapidCheck project.
Fee for participants from the Industry NOK 5.000,-
Fee for participants from Academia NOK 3.000,-
This includes course materiel and catering.
Upon registration you will also be given the opportunity to buy Novel Techniques in Sensory Characterization and Consumer Profiling for NOK 800,-.