The Department of Food Science, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen invites applications for a two-year position as postdoc on The impact of digital food environments on consumer behaviour from January 1st 2024 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The deadline for applications is 30 September 2023, 23:59 GMT +2.
The postdoc is part of a Novo Nordisk funded project led by Associate Professor Qian Janice Wang. Overall, the project aims to promote consumer behaviour change towards more sustainable food choices and consumption. Specifically, the postdoc project will focus on novel data-driven approaches to understand and predict consumer behaviour, with an emphasis on digital food environments and advertising.
The postdoc will be responsible for 1) developing new experimental methodologies and theoretical models in collaboration with the wider research project team, 2) designing and carrying out cross-disciplinary research on modelling consumer behaviour, 3) teaching on related courses, and 4) contributing to science dissemination as well as the development of future research projects. The position may also include other duties such as supervision of Msc and PhD students.
The postdoc will be a part of the Section for Food Design and Consumer Behaviour (DCB) in the Department of Food Science. The DCB section is a cross-disciplinary research group integrating natural sciences and technology as well as sensory and behavioural sciences to support the development and consumption of palatable, healthy, and sustainable foods. The Department of Food Science is recognized for excellence in food research, education, and industrial collaboration. The Department is an international workplace with English as primary working language.
Qualifications are expected within the following areas:
- PhD degree and research experience in Sensory and Consumer Science, Psychological and Behavioural Science, Data Science, or similar.
- A strong background in experimental study design, data collection, and advanced statistical analyses.
- Demonstratable capacity for creative thinking and research independence
- Curious and open mindset with a passion for learning new research methods and technologies
- Documented strong communication and writing skills in English, with a track record of publishing first-author papers.
- Demonstratable teaching training and experience at a university level
- Experience working with large-scale datasets and online data acquisition is a plus.
Further information on the Department is linked at https://www.science.ku.dk/english/about-the-faculty/organisation/. Inquiries about the position can be made to Associate Professor Qian Janice Wang.