The Nutrition and Ice Cream Science and Technology (N&I S&T) team is is a multi-disciplinary team of scientists and technologists focused on applying science and technology to solve problems of today and create inspiring opportunities for tomorrow, developing new technologies and insights that lead to sustainable competitive advantage.
The team is located at two of Unilever’s R&D sites, at Colworth (UK) https://www.unilever.co.uk/about/innovation/on-the-map/colworth-uk/opens in a new window, and at Wageningen (NL) https://www.unilever.com/about/innovation/hive/opens in a new window with those based at the two locations working seamlessly together.
The company is looking for:
- 2 Consumer Scientist
- 1 expertise in behavioural decision-making/behavioural economics/food choice behaviour
- 2 expertise in behaviour change
Successful candidates will strengthen a small internal team of consumer scientists that deliver innovative insights for the development of products, claims and communication in areas of strategic interest to the Nutrition & Ice Cream categories and brands.
- Develop science-based project proposals in line with the strategic and project needs
- Independently lead and manage the delivery of behavioural consumer research in collaboration with suppliers and academia;
- Provide up-to-date expertise within the field of behavioural science;
- Analyse, interpret and present quantitative data;
- Build and maintain an internal and external network in behavioural decision making to leverage external expertise and funding.
- Doctoral degree (PhD) in experimental psychology, behavioural decision-making, behavioural economics and/or food choice behaviour;
- A (strong) publication record in the aforementioned fields;
- Experience in conducting business-relevant behavioural decision-making research, including the analysis of quantitative data
- Practical experience of (scientific) research in a business environment;
- An active, international academic network;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in English).