A POSITION OPEN AT FIRMENICH
PERFUMERY SENSORY SCIENTIST
Job Location: Firlon (London)
Closing date for applications 7th October 2015
The Perfumery Division is currently looking for a
Perfumery Sensory Scientist
for the Global Sensory team in Firmenich facility in London, UK. Working with the Global Sensory Director, Senior Sensory Manager and others in the Sensory Team, you will be responsible for providing scientific expertise and deliver high quality sensory services within the Perfumery Division at Firmenich.
To manage and deliver sensory projects by:
- Recommending and applying appropriate methodologies to meet project objectives,
- Analysing, interpreting, reporting and presenting the results to ensure key insights are communicated in the business
To manage efficiently the external and internal panels by:
- initiating appropriate training programs,
- monitoring panel performance,
- providing performance feedback to panellists.
To act as primary point of contact with test requestors and develop/maintain contacts with the different functions.
Where appropriate to liaise with external clients to maximise effectiveness of sensory work to help win business.
To work closely with Firlon Sensory Team and coaching of the Sensory Assistants to ensure good coordination of projects so that all sensory duties and responsibilities are completed in a professional and timely manner.
To be proactive in working within the Global Sensory Team to support development of new methodologies and protocols or sensory proactive programs according to business needs.
To maintain awareness of new developments in sensory research and their potential application to fragrance evaluation, modifying practices as appropriate
- A background in Sensory Science and a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field with a Sensory/ Consumer Science focus.
- 3-5 years experience in a sensory test and panel management role.
- Previous experience in the fragrance industry is an advantage.
- Strong client facing skills and client management experience.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Successful track record of people management in a team environment is an advantage.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy.
- Expertise in a broad range of sensory techniques.
- Knowledge of FIZZ software.
- Ability to follow through sensory initiatives.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Self-starter, with strong sense of ownership, assertive and passionate for high level of client satisfaction.