Application deadline: September 10th 2023 – Apply here
At the Department of Food Science, in the Science Team Food Quality Perception and Society (FQS), a full-time position as Sensory Analysis Coordination and Laboratory Purchasing is available for appointment as from January 1, 2024, or soon thereafter.
The position, includes sensory scientific, administrative, facilities coordination as well as teaching duties at the Department of Food Science within sensory and consumer science. In addition you will coordinate and place orders of chemicals, basic consumables, small equipment, and other laboratory- based items at the Department of Food Science. You will be responsible for tasks related to ordering, supplier contact, and handling invoices both at the project and Department level, as well as registering chemicals in relevant databases.
You will co- work with another colleague on the purchase function based on ordering inputs and requests from scientific staff, laboratory technicians and students.
The candidate is expected to contribute to in relation to
Sensory Analysis aspects
- Independently lead, train and maintain internal and external descriptive panels.
- Recruitment of consumer panels via data bases, social media and other means for both internal and external contexts
- To manage and ensure the optimum working of sensory facilities (booths, labs, computers/software, databases etc.) and ensure the appropriate supply of materials required
- To integrate closely with the Sensory team to ensure good coordination across a wide portfolio of projects so that all sensory duties and responsibilities are completed in a professional and timely manner
- Support the sensory team in product design, development and scale up via product production trails linked to our pilot plant facilities
- Document and report methods, results, conclusions and recommendations effectively, where required, including appropriate information and levels of detail in collaboration with scientists and external clients
- Participate in teaching of relevant sensory and consumer related laboratory courses at the Department of Food Science including the assisting of students in development and implementation of sensory data collection software and basic data analysis
- Deliver on various additional duties related to the Department of Food Science.
- Purchase of laboratory chemicals, consumables, and small equipment via ordering in the IndFak software system
- Contact to suppliers of laboratory chemicals and consumables
- Handling invoices in Indfak
- Registration of chemicals in relevant databases
Area of employment and place of employment
The area of employment is Aarhus University, and the workplace is Agro Food Park 48, 8200 Aarhus N.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Professor Derek Victor Byrne, tel. 2878 2840, e-mail: email@example.com.