RESEARCH CENTER PRESENTATION:
The Institut Lyfe (ex-InstitutPaul Bocuse) Research & Innovation Center is a non-profit research unit investigating the factors that influence human eating behaviors. The Center is part of the Institut Lyfe, which allows cooperation between scientists and culinary experts. We strongly focus on societal and industrial challenges and significantly tackle contemporary challenges of healthy and sustainable eating for all populations. It initially focused on the relationship between humans (consumers and professionals) and food in eating-out contexts.
MISSIONS AND ACTIVITIES:
You will be responsible for developing a long-term original research program on eating behavior. considering the complexity of the meal in relation to inter-individual variation in consumers’ or patients’ profiles.
- Manage scientific research collaborations in eating behavior in vulnerable populations such as cancer and the elderly (including design, data collection, statistical analyses, and reporting).
- Participate in Health and Nutrition research projects and submit innovative grant proposals to national and international agencies and foundations consistent with the Institut’s research interests (pleasure, health, gastronomy).
- Interact with external and internal researchers from different academic disciplines to optimize the transfer of new scientific insights and collaborate with our innovation team (culinary chefs and engineers) on transfer projects towards patients and clinical teams.
- Develop a reliable international academic network.
- Publish in top-ranked peer-reviewed journals and present findings at scientific conferences.
- Build up partnering and working in a vast network of academic, non-profit and private partners to leverage the knowledge and expertise of external partners.
- Supervise PhD students and postdoctoral researchers.
- A stimulating environment in the vibrant city of Lyon. A salary set according to work experience (37-47k€).
- A full-time position. The human resources policy favors partially working from home concerning job responsibilities.
- Business travel according to projects.
- Mandatory company health insurance. Benefits in kind meals (on-site).
- 50% reimbursement of the public transport season ticket.
- Applications (1 single pdf) should be sent to email@example.com and include:
1) a letter of application (incl. expected date of availability)
2) a CV including a list of publications and research outputs
3) a description of your research program at the Institut Lyfe Research Center (2 pages maximum)
4) two reference letters
- Deadline 31st December 2023
- On-line/on-site interviews by January 2024
You could contact Dr Anestis Dougkas, PhD/HDR Anestis.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this position.