JOB OPPORTUNITY AT FONTERRA RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
SENIOR SCIENTIST ROLE
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Fantastic senior scientist role utilising your depth of sensory and consumer expertise
Work with the best at Fonterra’s World Leading Research and Development Centre in New Zealand
Lead sensory and consumer science towards commercial success of new dairy products.
Reporting to the Consumer Science Manager this position will be located at Fonterra’s world leading Research and Development Centre in Palmerston North, New Zealand. The role’s main purpose will be to provide expert sensory science and consumer science research leadership to the business.
Key areas of focus include:
- Promote awareness of sensory science and consumer science delivery and accordingly influence project design to accomplish business objectives.
- Lead sensory and consumer science work-streams within projects and provide project teams with proactive strategic leadership.
- Independently design and implement sensory and consumer science methods and experimental design to meet the business needs
- Evaluate new sensory science and consumer science methodologies and adapt to research needs
- Anticipate technical issues and ways to solve these or raise issues within appropriate context.
- Conduct all activities in compliance with good laboratory practices, health and safety and all required company policies and procedures.
- Coach and mentor others in sensory and consumer science to develop and optimise resources within Fonterra.
- Develop and maintain personal expertise in sensory and consumer science and experimental design
- Maintain and further develop a strong network of external suppliers and sensory and consumer science contacts
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will ideally possess:
- Proven strong sensory science and consumer science expertise and delivery within a commercial food environment.
- Proven experience in sensory and consumer science methods throughout product lifecycle (from concept to commercialisation), shelf life and quality control.
- Strong business acumen and commercial nous across national and overseas food markets.
- An ability to translate customer and consumer needs to product attributes in New Product Development.
- Proven ability to influence without authority to a senior management level, around sensory and consumer structure and direction.
- Leadership in method assessment and application
- Strong, persuasive written and verbal communication skills
A scientific first degree in Food Science or a relevant area with a focus on sensory and consumer science is essential; a relevant postgraduate qualification would be advantageous.
To apply for this role please click here
Applications close Midnight Sunday 13th December 2015.