INTERNSHIP AT JTI IN THE R&D SENSORY LAB
Location: Trier, Germany / Period: 2 – 6 months / Start: as soon as possible
JT International is currently looking for students to support its Sensory Labor Team in the Research and Development Center based in Trier, Germany.
JTI is a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies (JT), a leading international tobacco manufacturer. It markets world-renowned brands such as Winston, Camel and Mevius. With a workforce composed of over 35 different nationalities, the R&D Center in Trier, Germany provides a diverse and very international work environment.
The Research & Development Center is offering an internship in the Sensory team of the Product Development department in Trier. The primary role of the Sensory team is to evaluate JTI and competitor products according to scientific sensory methods. Those products are tested in experimental settings applying state of the art panel assessments. The Research & Development department is the most international division of JTI Germany with a workforce composed of over 35 different nationalities from a wide range of cultures.
- Processing sensory test data with FIZZ (Sensory Analysis and Consumer Tests Software)
- Setting up sensory tests according to scientific sensory methods and supporting best practice approaches in cooperation
with the Sensory team
- Preparation of cigarette samples and delivery to the panel members
- Screening and training of panel members
- Organization of Sensory meetings
- Enrolled student within Sensory, Life Science, Food Technology or a similar field of study
- First work experience in a Laboratory is desirable
- Good knowledge of statistical methods and MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Outstanding analytical and English skills, German is a plus
- Very good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a structured manner
- Spirit of teamwork and cooperation