SENSORY & CONSUMER SCIENCE. THINKING OUT OF THE BOX
Symposium of the Sensorik Netzwerk Österreich (SNÖ)
in partnership with the European Sensory Science Society (E3S)
May 12-13th, 2014
Vienna, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences
Registration deadline: April 28, 2014
In 2014, a symposium will be organised by the Austrian Sensory Network SNÖ in partnership with the European Sensory Science Society E3S. It will be held in Vienna on May 12-13, 2014 at the University of Life Sciences and it will simultaneously be the 4. Annual Meeting of the SNÖ.
This symposium will cover topics that are located in scientific regions that might be considered as peripheral to traditional sensory analysis. Nevertheless, these research fields make high demands on the involved scientists and might influence the sensory and consumer science considerably in the future. This meeting will also give a forum to demonstrate the inter- and multi-disciplinarity of sensory and consumer science.
- Madalena Diaconu, Univ. of Vienna
- Erich Leitner, Graz Univ. of Technology
- Susanne Maunz, FH Joanneum – Univ. of Applied Sciences, Graz
- Konrad Domig, Univ. of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
Furthermore, there will be room for a ‘speakers’ corner’ to give sensory scientists the chance to present their recent results.
In addition to the scientific program, the general assembly of the E3S will take place on May 12.
The E3S working groups ‘PDO products’ and ‘Children’ will hold a mini-symposium and a meeting, respectively in the forefront of the workshop.
Monday, May 12, 2014
University of Natural resources and Life Sciences
MINI SYMPOSIUM OF THE E3S PDO PRODUCT WORKING GROUP
- Mario Zannoni: Introduction to PDO products and sensory analysis in Europe
- Francisco Josè Perez Elortondo & Dominique Valentin: What can sensory analysis of PDO products do for consumers?
- Patrizia Piccinali & Guido Ritter: What can sensory analysis of PDO products do for producers?
The PDO Mini Symposium is open to all SNÖ/E3S members. Registration is needed for organisational reasons.
MEETING OF THE E3S CHILDREN WORKING GROUP
- Welcome by Margrethe Hersleth, Coordinator of E3S Children WG
E3S Children group: Aim and principles
Presentation of participants
- Presentation of experiences and projects
- Maria Nørgaard, Arla, Denmark
- Christine Lange, INRA, France
- Bénédicte Veinand (representing Christel Adam), Givaudan, France
- Mathilde Kerstig, Research Institue of Child Nutrition, Germany
- Mia Prim, SIK, Sweden
- Gertrude Zeinstra, Wageningen UR Food & Biobased Research, The Netherlands
- Valerie Lengard/Margrethe Hersleth, Nofima, Norway
- Discussion during and after presentations
The meeting of the Children Working Group is dedicated to the members of the group. For detailed information on the meeting, please contact the working group coordinator Margrethe Hersleth. Registration is needed for organisational reasons.
E3S GENERAL ASSEMBLY
19.30 Dinner at Buschenschank Fuhrgassl‐Huber
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Sensory and Consumer Science – Thinking out of the Box
E3S Workshop – 4. Annual Meeting of the Sensorik Netzwerk Österreich
- 9:00-12:30 Lectures
- 12:30-13:30 Lunch Break
- 13:30-15:00 Speakers’ Corner
- 15:30-17:00 Taste Party and Networking
Call for papers
Deadline for abstract submission: March 23, 2014
We kindly invite you to submit an abstract for a short presentation (10 min with or without slides) in course of the speakers’ corner. Short presentations are open for all topics that are relevant for sensory and consumer science. With respect to the workshop title ‘Sensory and Consumer Science – Thinking out of the Box’ we encourage everyone to submit contributions that are not within the centre of traditional sensory science!
Please submit your application with a short abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org
Symposium Fee and Registration
The symposium fee will cover participation at the symposium including culinary events on Tuesday as well as the conference proceedings. E3S activities on Monday afternoon are free of charge, but need registration for organisational reasons.
E3S – SNOE members: € 150
E3S – SNOE student members: € 100
Non‐members: € 220
On‐site registration: € 300
Evening event on Monday, May 12: € 30