SENSORY MANAGER AT CAMPDEN BRI
Nutfield, Surrey (UK)
Department (and Section where appropriate): Brewing Services, Sensory Group
Job Title: Sensory Manager
Immediate Line Manager (Job Title): Head of Brewing Services
To oversee and manage the running of the Sensory Group to deliver sensory services to clients in the alcoholic beverage industries. To expand the group’s brand profile and identify opportunities for expanding the business.
Main Duties (including % of time spent)
- Project management and delivery (minimum 40%)
- Management and delivery of projects including reporting
- Maintaining a leading knowledge of developments in sensory science and developing own technical expertise in sensory science and sensory statistics
- Providing specialist sensory skills to offer advice, consultation and support for projects and interpretation of data
- Handling client enquiries relating to sensory techniques and data
- Business development and external marketing and sales (20%)
- Developing projects on sensory data for clients
- Identifying other opportunities for business growth and submitting project proposals
- Expanding the group’s brand profile and representing Campden BRI on sensory committees
- Developing and delivering training courses and lectures in sensory science
- Financial and budgetary management for the group’s activities (10%)
- Staff management including development, motivation and efficient utilisation (10%)
- Ensure operational efficiency through resource management and work practices (10%)
- Implement required systems of business management (including H&S) control (10%)
The position will be based at our offices in Nutfield, Surrey (southern England near Gatwick airport).
We are happy to arrange Skype interviews followed by a visit to site for short listed candidates.