Application deadline: 17th December 2020
Oriflame is now looking for a Sensory & Consumer Scientist- Maternity Cover to further strengthen our team.
This position will require close work with Ori-Derm Scientists, Technicians and the Study Coordinator. It will also require engagement with stakeholders, including, claims creation and communication scientists, formulation delivery scientists and on occasion brand managers from the marketing teams. External contact with test volunteers, academic contacts and industry peers.
- Maintenance of Sensory Excellence process within R&D ensuring sensory studies are performed as per established standards.
- Maintenance and best use of existing tools and panels to support the R&D category teams (Nutritional Products, Skincare and Color formulation) in the delivery of the aimed claims and/or sensory attributes, in line with strategy and resource availability.
- Supporting delivery of in-house and external standard sensory and consumer studies enabling the expert analysis of data and further guidance of chemists/ nutrition scientists to enable the achievement of specific sensory attributes.
- Primary point of contact for Sensory Studies stakeholders and develop/maintain contacts with the different functions (including Sensory champions)
- Develop new sensory methods to meet the category requirements.
Coordinate and Deliver Sensory and Consumer projects
- Work with Formulation Chemists and Sensory champions, recommend optimum methodologies available in the Sensory Toolbox (Sensory profiling QDA, Triangle Test, RDA, etc…) to meet project objectives within cost, timing and resources available.
- Design, conduct, analyse and report sensory studies based on business and customer needs (e.g. Consumer test, Focus groups, Texture mapping, flavor sensory napping etc…) according to established internal sensory procedures.
Coordinate Efficiently Internal Panels (Expert and Trained) for Nutritional Products and Skincare products.
- Initiating appropriate training programs
- Monitoring Panel performance of both trained and expert panels in place
- Providing performance feedback to panellists with tact and diplomacy.
- Ensuring Panel studies are run according to standard protocols.
Communicate Results of Tests and Maintain Sensory Excellence
- Create and distribute standard study reports to Sponsor within agreed timelines
- Present project and study findings to team members and key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Maintain Sensory Excellence by regularly discussing tools and protocols with Sensory champions.
- Regularly share knowledge and present relevant study examples to R&D audience (Chemists/ Nutritional Scientists) to maintain and promote sensory toolbox use.
Quality and Administration
- Adhere to team Quality processes and procedures, support other team members to deliver processes to required timelines
- Support team administration duties (Shipments, Stock check)
- Design standard study analysis templates for in house basic methods. Update existing Work Instructions/ Test Methods / Standard Operating Procedures
- Apply continuous improvement approach, update and improve standard documentation and arrange issue once approval obtained.
- Communication – uses effective communication methods to translate scientific data to non-scientific stakeholders
- Collaborative Teamwork – Collaborate with purpose and recognize the value of sharing knowledge, ideas and workload with and beyond the immediate team to achieve effective outcomes together
- Deliver Results – Strive to exceed you and your team’s goals. Assess risk and take action to keep things on track and finish what was started in a cost conscious and disciplined manner
- Creative Thinking – Challenge the norm by thinking outside the box. Approaching things differently to find new, better, smarter and more efficient ways to work.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge in a broad range of sensory techniques (triangle test, QDA sensory profile etc)
- Knowledge in setting up and training a food expert panel is a plus
- Knowledge of sensory software (e.g. FIZZ, Eye Questions) is a plus
- Qualitative knowledge is a plus
- Experience in monovariate and multivariate statistical analysis
- Excellent English communication skills; written and verbal
- Flexibility to a rapid changing environment
- Proactive, self-motivated individual and able to work in an autonomous manner.
- Highly organized, good planning.
- Excellent team working skills
- Sound scientific knowledge and approach
- Enthusiastic and honest
- Able to exercise tact and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
- Proven track record of investigative approach
- Self- motivated and capable of working on own initiative
- Competent Team player
- Embraces change
- Results orientated
Qualification & experience
Background in Sensory science and a minimum bachelors degree / masters degree in an appropriate field with a Sensory/consumer focus with experience in sensory evaluation, experimental design and statistics
For further details on the position, please contact: Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org (hiring manager)