SENSORY & CONSUMER SCIENCE. THINKING OUT OF THE BOX
Symposium of the Sensorik Netzwerk Österreich (SNÖ)
in partnership with the European Sensory Science Society (E3S)
May 12-13th, 2014
Vienna, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences
In 2014, a symposium will be organised by the Austrian Sensory Network SNÖ in partnership with the European Sensory Science Society E3S. It will be held in Vienna on May 12-13, 2014 at the University of Life Sciences and it will simultaneously be the 4. Annual Meeting of the SNÖ.
This symposium will cover topics that are located in scientific regions that might be considered as peripheral to traditional sensory analysis. Nevertheless, these research fields make high demands on the involved scientists and might influence the sensory and consumer science considerably in the future. This meeting will also give a forum to demonstrate the inter- and multi-disciplinarity of sensory and consumer science.
- Madalena Diaconu, Univ. of Vienna
- Erich Leitner, Graz Univ. of Technology
- Susanne Maunz, FH Joanneum – Univ. of Applied Sciences, Graz
- Konrad Domig, Univ. of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
Furthermore, there will be room for a ‘speakers’ corner’ to give sensory scientists the chance to present their recent results.
In addition to the scientific program, the general assembly of the E3S will take place on May 12.
The E3S working groups ‘PDO products’ and ‘Children’ will hold a mini-symposium and a meeting, respectively in the forefront of the workshop.
Some moments of the E3S/SNO symposium
Some moments of the E3S PDO WG Mini-symposium
E3S Children WG at work
Download the report and the presentations in the E3S Member Area:
- SNO & E3S Symposium: SENSORY & CONSUMER SCIENCE. THINKING OUT OF THE BOX. Download presentations
- PDO E3S WG: MINI-SYMPOSIUM HELD IN VIENNA, 12th MAY 2014. Download the report
- CHILDREN E3S WG: MEETING IN VIENNA, 12th Mat 2014. Download the presentations
Monday, May 12, 2014
University of Natural resources and Life Sciences
MINI SYMPOSIUM OF THE E3S PDO PRODUCT WORKING GROUP
- Mario Zannoni: Introduction to PDO products and sensory analysis in Europe
- Francisco Josè Perez Elortondo & Dominique Valentin: What can sensory analysis of PDO products do for consumers?
- Patrizia Piccinali & Guido Ritter: What can sensory analysis of PDO products do for producers?
The PDO Mini Symposium is open to all SNÖ/E3S members. Registration is needed for organisational reasons.
MEETING OF THE E3S CHILDREN WORKING GROUP
- Welcome by Margrethe Hersleth, Coordinator of E3S Children WG
E3S Children group: Aim and principles
Presentation of participants
- Presentation of experiences and projects
- Maria Nørgaard, Arla, Denmark
- Christine Lange, INRA, France
- Bénédicte Veinand (representing Christel Adam), Givaudan, France
- Mathilde Kerstig, Research Institue of Child Nutrition, Germany
- Mia Prim, SIK, Sweden
- Gertrude Zeinstra, Wageningen UR Food & Biobased Research, The Netherlands
- Valerie Lengard/Margrethe Hersleth, Nofima, Norway
- Discussion during and after presentations
The meeting of the Children Working Group is dedicated to the members of the group. For detailed information on the meeting, please contact the working group coordinator Margrethe Hersleth. Registration is needed for organisational reasons.
E3S GENERAL ASSEMBLY
19.30 Dinner at Buschenschank Fuhrgassl‐Huber