Application deadline: 4th January 2021
Nofima Division Food Science is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Senior Scientist with extensive experience from innovation work and innovation research. The position is located at Ås in the Innovation, Consumer and Sensory sciences department, and is a part of the innovation research group.
Norwegian business and food industry are undergoing major changes with increased demands related to sustainability, systems thinking and user-oriented innovation. These elements are also emphasised by national and international research funding agencies, in addition to clear expectations of actual implementation of research results.
The goal of the innovation research group is to contribute to growth in successful innovations in the food industry and to build a practical and theoretical foundation based on new knowledge in innovation methodology, market changes and collaboration methods. We are looking for a Senior Scientist with an interest in developing the research area in new, strategic directions towards the “Strategy for the Research Council of Norway 2020-2024,” the EU’s Green Deal, Food2030 and Horizon Europe. A key task will be to seek opportunities for research funding and contract work/projects for the food industry. Experience from the food industry will therefore be an advantage.
The position will also involve facilitation of innovation processes in research projects with research partners and industry, to improve the relevance of our research and to create impact. The scientist will develop and apply new methods and concepts for user-centric innovation in the food value chain, with emphasis on sustainability (environment, society and economy). The scientist should combine consumer and market needs that are identified through field work with technology, product ideas and external framework conditions.
- PhD in innovation (for example market-driven innovation, innovation management, user-centric or design-driven innovation)
- Expertise documented by scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Practical experience with co-creation processes and facilitation of interdisciplinary collaboration
- Sound knowledge of research methodology in innovation (action research, qualitative studies, quantitative studies, statistical analysis, etc.)
- The ability to effectively visualise data and work processes
- Experience from proposal writing (domestic and international calls for funding)
- Project management experience
- Ability to work both independently and as part of interdisciplinary teams
- Personal skills are important for the position and will be emphasized
- Proficient in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills in English
The position is part of the innovation research group. We offer exciting collaboration with national and international collaboration partners. Nofima offers an excellent working environment. Salary is based on qualifications and experience. We also offer inclusion in a good pension scheme and personal insurance.
Application and submitted documents (see below) must be sent electronically via the application form available on www.jobbnorge.no and the application must include:
- Presentation Letter
- CV, with complete overview of education, supervised professional training and professional work
- Diplomas and certificates
- 2-3 references with contact information
For further details on the position, please contact:
- Research Director Margrethe Hersleth firstname.lastname@example.org / +47 901 89 021
- Senior Scientist Antje Gonera email@example.com / +47 400 75 077