Kemptthal – Switzerland
Application deadline: 14th September 2020
The Sensory Investigator provides industry-leading and applicable sensory & consumer expertise to lead projects and strategies which contribute to the development and commercialization of foundational research projects. You will identify development areas and implement research projects to develop improved and new products and solutions, according to company’s goals and corporate strategy.
You will be a part of a global team of Sensory Scientists, and support a culture of sensory innovation aligned with the needs while also supporting a research portfolio. You will directly report to the Sensory and Applications Director.
Sound interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if you, like us, are experienced at building relationships and always aiming to anticipate and exceed customer needs.
- Project Management
- Use knowledge (within projects) to creatively solve difficult problems in own or related specialties. Provide industry–leading Sensory expertise to support S&T and Givaudan’s business. Build complex research programs and provide technical leadership within sensory science and other related areas. Moreover you will determine project success criteria in collaboration with team members.
- Global Interaction
- Contribute to promotion of Sensory capabilities and results to internal stakeholders. Moreover you will organize global communication to ensure transfer of best practice between teams and ensure information sharing within the department and with all relevant groups within and outside of S&T.
- Sensory Innovation
- Develop new methodologies within function. Propose projects aiming at scouting, development and implementation of strategic technologies in sensory & consumer science and other related areas of expertise. Propose a strategic presence at all conferences and scientific fairs relevant for sensory science and other related areas of expertise.
- Strategy Management
- Help develop functional strategies from a scientific standpoint. Create projects or programs according to our needs and overall strategy. Provide input to expense and capital budgets. Lead competitor understanding within department. Lead identification of potential opportunities for collaborative innovation within the business and foundational project portfolio.
- Mentor other scientific professionals. Participate in hiring process of new scientific professionals (help determine position profile). Identify current and future resource and capability needs within sensory science and other related areas of expertise. Identify training and development needs for essential technical competencies within sensory science and other related areas within the department.
The candidate have:
- University degree + 10 years job training or MS + 7 years training or PhD and 4 years job training
- In-depth understanding of the food or flavour business preferred, or comparable experience with specialized technology
- Proficiency in applying creative Sensory & Consumer approaches
- Proficiency in leadership of cross-functional teams and project management
- Experienced in the design and management of complex research studies
- Experienced in mentoring scientific personnel and leading support staff in conducting complex experiments
- Demonstrate creativity to solve technical problems (specialist) or solve a broad range of complex problems (generalist)
- Experienced in communicating, working and inspiring teams and managing conflicts
- Business Fluent in English; additional language skills are of asset
- Knowledge of advanced statistical approaches, experimental design and software applied to Sensory & Consumer science
- Variable pension fund contribution
- Sport and leisure club
- Company shop
- Staff restaurant
- Public transportation support