A talented and motivated postdoctoral researcher with background in sensory and consumer science is sought to join the team. School of Chemistry Food & Pharmacy has been awarded an exciting research project by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT Food) and will work in collaboration with Aarhus University, VTT, Maspex, Bioazul, Eroski and Polish Academy of Sciences. The purpose of this project is to enable transition to a more sustainable packaging ecosystem by building targeted tools, strategies and engagement activities that will address the public’s knowledge gaps, questions and expectations.
The postholder will be based in the School of Chemistry, Food and Pharmacy and will work in the areas of sensory and consumer science. Specific duties linked to the post include:
- To recruit consumers and carry out qualitative and quantitative consumer studies.
- To carry out statistical analysis.
- To write progress reports and present work to project partners.
- To be able to write manuscripts for research papers.
- To be able to meet deadlines within a project plan.
- To carry out independent research and supervise the work of research assistants.
- To disseminate research findings and establish a national reputation through participation in national conferences, exhibitions, etc.
- To provide specialist advice to other staff and students within the University
The role is available until the end of the year with a possibility to be extended for another year.
Closing Date: 5th April 2023
Interview Date: TBC
Contact Role: Investigator
Contact Name: Dr Stella Lignou
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.