Deadline application: October 14, 2021
Expected start: November 1, 2021
The Department of Food Science, Aarhus University, Denmark, invites applications for a one-year Post doc position within Sensory and Consumer Science.
The position is available from 1st November 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The position is funded through a project focused on waste reduction, novel and sustainable food ingredients, and eco-friendly, green food product solutions within the field of Sensory and Consumer Science. The projects aim is to help design and develop high quality green food product solutions for real world applications. The post doc will be responsible for setting up sensory and consumer assessments and running statistical analysis of results re end user applications.
Therefore, Aarhus University seek a candidate with knowledge of the application of sensory and consumer methodologies in different food quality contexts. Moreover, a candidate with knowledge of instrumental food quality measurement in relation to sensory science will have merit. Solid experience in statistical analysis including univariate as well as multivariate statistics in food design contexts is also preferred. In addition, as the project is in collaboration with researchers within the wider field of food science, nutrition and industry good teamwork and networking skills are important.
The Post doc position is part of the Science Team ‘Food Quality Perception and Society’ at the Department of Food Science. The candidate is expected to take part in teaching at BSc and MSc level, as well as participating in supervision of students. It is expected that the Post doc candidate participate in attracting funding for further research in the area.
- Relevant education in food, sensory and consumer sciences from a University or an academic institution.
- A PhD degree (or equivalent experience) in sensory and consumer science.
- Experience in sensory and consumer science, including planning, development and execution of large consumer studies and various sensory descriptive studies.
- Experience in statistical analysis including univariate as well as multivariate statistics.
- Good skills in communication of research including a proven publication record in international peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in supervising students and teaching at a high academic level