West Malling, Kent, UK
Application deadline: 08/02/202
Driscoll’s is a global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll’s is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Their values of passion, humility, and trustworthiness have guided their mission to delight consumers around the world.
The Consumer Research Coordinator / Food Science Technician will shop for berries and set up and administer consumer tasting tests using external panellists and employees. They will also then manage the feedback data and facilitate analysis to ensure our products are always as great as they can be.
The successful candidate may have:
- a BSc or MSc degree in horticulture or food science
- Understanding of food testing, Brix evaluations or inspections
- Diligence about detail and be able to interpret data quickly and accurately and stay focussed when conducting repetitive tasks
- Strong communications skills across verbal and written platforms, with a positive and confident manner
- The ability to work independently and be able to engage teams and get the most out of the testers
- Flexibility in the approach and able to drive to various locations to set up testing panels around Kent and the South East
- Clean driving licence
The UK team
The team in the UK is made up of a small number of permanent employees with temporary employees joining for the summer season, many of whom return year after year. The team have a friendly and supportive working environment based at their research and development facility in Kent. The success as a company depends on creating an enabling environment where people are energised, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Formalities and salary range
Job Types: 30-40 hours a week, 7 month Fixed Term Contract starting February 2020
Salary: £25,000 Full-Time Equivalent
How to apply:
People interested in the position are requested to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org