Deadline: 1st May 2022
The start date is 1st September 2022.
Nofima AS offers a three-year PhD position in the Division of Food Science, Department of Innovation, consumer and sensory sciences.
Your tasks will include:
- Studying the influence of texture on consumer liking and satiety perception of foods with different degrees of processing, in different consumer segments
- Working with a trained sensory panel and consumer testing, as well as associated statistical analyses
- Designing and running tests, analysing and intrepreting results with a focus on individual differences
- Giving recommendations to the industry on how to utilize this information to develop healthy and sustainable food products, and writing scientific papers based on the results.
The candidate will have their main workplace at Nofima, and will follow the doctoral program at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU), faculty of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science. The supervisor group will consist of experienced researchers with complementary competences from:
- Nofima – Senior Researcher and Professor Paula Varela-Tomasco
- NMBU – Associate Professor Catrin E Tyl
- Industry: Mills – Head of Health and Nutrition Marte Gjeitung Byfuglien and Orkla Foods – Nutrition Advisor Hanne Hennig Havdal.
The candidate is expected to complete a PhD degree within the contract period of three years.
The following qualifications are required:
- MSc or equivalent within a relevant scientific area (e.g. Food Sciences, Nutrition, Psychology, Consumer Sciences) with knowledge in Sensory and Consumer Sciences
- Excellent skills in English (written and oral)
- Competence in data analysis tools applied to sensory and consumer sciences (e.g. R, XLStats, data collection software)
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a transdisciplinary team
Application and submitted documents (see below) must be sent electronically via the application form available on www.jobbnorge.no and the application must include:
- Presentation Letter
- CV, with complete overview of education, supervised professional training and professional work
- Diplomas and certificates
- 2-3 references with contact information
For further details on the position, click here and please contact Senior Researcher Paula Varela-Tomasco, (Mail: email@example.com) or Research Director Margrethe Hersleth (Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)