Abstract submission deadlines
Workshops: 3 February 2023
Talks and posters: 3 March 2023
Abstracts are invited on the following themes for presentation at Pangborn 2023:
1. Fundamentals of sensory perception
2. Sensory science and individual or population diversities
3. Emerging sensory and consumer science methodologies
5. Challenges and opportunities in a digital sensory world
6. Effective use of sensory science in product development
7. User experience of food and non-food products
8. Culinary arts, hospitality, and sensory and consumer science
9. Global resource challenges, sustainability & food waste
10. Collecting and communicating sensory properties in the global village
11. Education and training in sensory and consumer science
View detailed topic descriptions here
Early Career Researchers Abstract Submission
The organisers and the Pangborn Executive Committee are pleased to offer an exceptional number of bursaries for graduate students and early career researchers to cover their travel expenses. You can submit your work to be considered for an ECR bursary. Please refer to the Student and ECR bursary application for more information.
In addition, most outstanding laureates of an ECR bursary will be invited to present their work in 3 minutes in a dedicated oral plenary session.
Remember to select the ‘ECR bursary application’ button in the submission form.
Workshops will form an integral part of the Pangborn 2023 programme. They should emphasise collective work, interaction with the audience, and active participation of the attendants. Be creative! All formats will be carefully considered and proposals for interactive workshops are highly encouraged.
Scientific societies and thematic groups are welcome to submit proposals. Workshop slots will be available in the programme in two durations which can be selected during the submission process: 45 or 90 minutes.
Any request for specific material, room specifications, etc. should be clearly highlighted in the proposal.
The proposal should include all the presenters as workshop co-authors.
Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all correspondence. Allow at least 2 hours for your receipt to be returned to you.
Once the abstract is accepted, at least one of the authors must register for the conference and present the paper at the conference.
Abstracts of all accepted contributions will be included within the abstract system which will be distributed to all registered conference participants.