Job Type: Standard
Job Function: Research & Development
Primary Location: Europe-United Kingdom-Hull
Function: R&D Innovation
Reports to: Product Performance Best Practice Manager
About the role
The R&D Associate Sensory and Product Performance will support the identification, validation and implementation of best practice consumer sensory and performance testing methods to allow for consistency of approach and maximum scale.
- Collaborate with Category R&D Sensory and Performance test teams to identify, develop and streamline R&D sensory test methods for maximum synergy across the business.
- Support the identification, implementation and maintenance of a core list of sensory test vendors around the world to ensure consistent delivery of results that meet RB high standards of execution
- Develop standardized questionnaires per to capture key attributes necessary to ensure successful selection of winning fragrances/product aesthetics with the goal of establishing consistency and cross comparability of results globally.
- Work with manager to develop, populate and maintain Global consumer sensory knowledge database to consolidate all test results.
- Continually innovate on new test methodologies and statistical analysis approaches to validate fragrances, product performance, novel claims support.
- Minimum of Bachelors’ degree in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience in consumer testing and statistical analysis techniques
- 2 years + Sensory/performance testing experience
- 2 years + experience within a CPG environment, product development experience desirable
- 1 year + Project Management experience within a cross-functional, international and multi-cultural environment desired.
- Good knowledge of statistical analyses and statistical software packages desirable
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral (in English). Additional language is an advantage.
Anyone wishing to apply should go to the following link: