JOB OPPORTUNITY AT PEPSICO – SENSORY SPECIALIST
Little Island, Cork
Applications are invited for the permanent role based in Little Island, Cork. The role provides sensory expertise to a Global Beverage Company, which involves managing the global quality monitoring program, delivery of in-plant sensory training and involvement in global consumer programs.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
The role of the Sensory Specialist is to:
· Support Consumer Programs Globally
o Manage the set-up, execution, data analysis and reporting of global consumer sensory projects.
o Provide expertise in consumer/sensory methodologies; work with Sensory Manager and Global Sensory Council to scope and implement new sensory and consumer methodologies.
· Deliver Sensory Training Globally
o Deliver sensory trainings for beverage plant personnel internationally.
o Update sensory training documents and materials as required.
o Communicate with the plants and follow-up on sensory issues in the plant.
o Work closely with the Training & Learning team on follow up requirements for participants after training.
· Manage our Descriptive Sensory Panel
o Manage Descriptive Analysis projects, linking where appropriate to Consumer projects
o Provide training of panellists and monitor panel performance.
o Analyse descriptive sensory data and provide reports to customers.
o Interact with customers on queries related to the sensory testing.
o Participate in the investigation of sensory issues that may arise at bottling plants.
A key requirement of the role is that you must adhere to all PepsiCo Health & Safety requirements.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree/Diploma in Sensory or Consumer Science or related science.
- Min of 2-3 years sensory/ consumer experience in the Food Industry.
- Knowledge of sensory and consumer methodologies and experience using these methodologies.
- Experience with running descriptive sensory panels, data analysis and interpretation of results.
- Experience with the planning, execution, analysis, interpretation and delivery of results of consumer studies.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills for delivery of sensory training.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Requirement for travelling within and outside Europe on a regular basis.
- Good organisational, time-management and teamwork skills.
- A self-starter and proactive in delivering results.