JOB OPPORTUNITY AT PEPSICO, INC. | PEPSICO WORLDWIDE FLAVOURS
Little Island, Cork
Applications are invited for the permanent role based in Little Island, Cork. The role provides sensory expertise to a Global Beverage Company, which involves managing the global quality monitoring program, delivery of in-plant sensory training and involvement in global consumer programs.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Trade sensory programs:
- Become proficient in the sensory evaluation of beverage samples and work with the team on the organisation and running of sensory panels.
- Monitor panel performance, feedback and training of panellists.
- Interact with customers on all queries related to the area of testing.
- Analyse data and trend sensory results and provide monthly reports to the client.
- Work with team in troubleshooting sensory issues that may arise at Bottling Plants and participate in the investigation of these issues.
- Participate in the sensory lab global proficiency program.
- Complete monthly Quality system KPI reports for the sensory lab.
- Recruitment of new panellists as needed.
In-plant Sensory Training:
- Deliver sensory trainings for plant personnel internationally.
- Update sensory training documents and materials as required.
- Communicate with the plants and follow-up on in-plant sensory issues.
- Work with team to set-up/ further develop a global proficiency program.
• Support Consumer Programs Globally:
- Work together with the team to organise global consumer studies.
- Provide input on consumer/sensory methodologies and analysis of results.
• Work directly with Sensory Manager to organize documentation and processes in the sensory lab in compliance with Lab Quality System.
• Work with Sensory Manager to scope and implement new sensory methods.
A key requirement of the role is that you must adhere to all PepsiCo Health & Safety requirements.
The successful candidate will have:
• Degree/Diploma in Sensory or Consumer Science.
• 3-5 years sensory experience preferably in the food industry.
• Knowledge of descriptive analysis (Spectrum, QDA, etc.) methodologies.
• Experience with statistical analysis using SPSS, XL-Stat or Unscrambler.
• Knowledge of data collection software FIZZ.
• Knowledge of sensory and consumer methodologies (e.g. difference testing and consumer product testing).
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel. Power point).
• Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills for delivery of sensory training.
• Requirement for travelling within and outside Europe.
• Good organizational, time-management and teamwork skills.
• Self starter, proactive in delivering results and a good organiser
Please send your CV and cover letter to Deirdre Murray: email@example.com.