Sensory Scientist position open at PepsiCo
- Accurate, timely analysis of samples and reporting and interpretation of data in compliance with Pepsi Co Standards.
- Troubleshoot technical issues relating to laboratory analysis to optimise lab processes.
- Provide Technical Support to Business on bottling operations i.e. all aspects of in plant sensory programs, processes as well as trouble-shooting of raw materials in-process and finished beverage.
- Apply knowledge of the core discipline to provide input into Method Development, Best Practice tool development and identification and enhancements of training requirements.
- Deliver sensory trainings for beverage plant personnel at international location or through webinars.
- Update sensory training documents and materials as required.
- Communicate with the plants and follow-up on sensory issues in the plant.
- Work closely with the Training & Learning team on follow up requirements for participants after training.
- Comply to PepsiCo Lab Quality System through the development adherence and maintenance of
procedures and policies for their respective areas (Operating Procedures Calibration Audits, GLP &
- Ensure smooth running of all laboratory operational requirements.
- Support the development and implementation of the lab strategy through participation in relevant
teams and projects.
- Ensure flexibility within the department by acting as back up as required.
- Define performance goals, track and analyse performance measures and establish/implement
improvement plans to grow and develop the respective area.
- Serves as sensory representative on business teams.
- Applies design of experiments to sensory evaluation testing.
- Interprets statistical analysis of the results of sensory evaluation testing.
- Confers with research and development, marketing, packaging, manufacturing and other departments.
- Degree/Diploma in Sensory or Consumer Science.
- A minimum of 3-5 years sensory experience preferably in the food industry.
- Knowledge of sensory and consumer methodologies and experience using these methodologies.
- Experience with running sensory panels, data analysis and interpretation of results.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Power point).
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills for delivery of sensory training.
- Strong organizational, time-management and teamwork skills.
- A self-starter, proactive in delivering results & with a drive to increase efficiency.
- Knowledge of data collection software FIZZ would be advantageous.
- Experience with the planning, execution, analysis, interpretation and delivery of results of consumer studies.
Further information: https://www.pepsicojobs.com/main/jobs/155337BR?lang=en-ie&previousLocale=en-IE