Who we are
Leatherhead Research Ltd provides expertise and support to the global food and drink sector with practical solutions that cover all stages of a product’s life cycle from global regulatory advice, consumer insight, ingredient innovation and sensory testing to food safety consultancy.
To provide support to the consumer operations manager in running the fieldwork of consumer projects. The role will primarily involve supervising a team of technicians and assistants working on consumer testing from booking products in through to panelling and reports. The individual will be responsible for ensuring our clients requests are met and to organise their three teams consisting of; Programming, Products and Panelling. The ideal candidate will be a strong team leader, good at delegating, an effective communicator and good team player with abilities to motivate a team to get the job done whilst delivering an excellent service. They will also have a keen interest in the food and drink industry.
- Supervising team of technicians and assistants and to delegate work to ensure work is met in full to high standard and tight deadlines
- Work closely with the ops manager to deliver clients’ requests and efficient running of team
- Ensure all areas of a project are met from product delivery, questionnaire programming, panelling sessions and report writing
- To assist with training of team members and ensure all procedures are met by all staff
- Attending on site and off site tests when required including flexible working hours where applicable with some early starts/late finishes
- Driving quality standards including food safety, traceability and record keeping
- To identify lean processes and implement these
- To assist in the kitchen area during panel sessions occasionally including running (chef) panels
- To raise any issues with the ops manager as and when required and assist in solutions
- To identify and implement areas for improvement within the team
- To work together with other Leatherhead departments to provide an excellent service to clients
- Build strong and effective working with relationships with the team and good at providing support and encouragement
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload to achieve tight deadlines
- Capability to adjust to differing roles to ensure the client’s needs are met
- Motivated and enthusiastic about getting the job done
- Effective communicator
- Good delegation skills
- Talented to working in a kitchen working environment, ensuring safety and hygiene practices
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including proven presentation skills
- Good PC Skills- ability to learn new software programs willingly
- Previous experience in a supervisory role would be ideal
- Working in a kitchen environment
- Experience working with external clients
- PC skills
We are committed to supporting employees and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
How to apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.