JOB OPPORTUNITY AT FRONTERRA
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Applications close Midnight Sunday 7th January 2018
- Fantastic contract opportunity utilising your depth of sensory and consumer science research expertise
- Work with the best at Fonterra’s world leading Research and Development Centre in New Zealand
- Help lead sensory and consumer science projects to commercial success of new dairy ingredients and consumer products.
This is a wonderful opportunity gain experience at the Fonterra Research and Development Centre in Palmerston North, New Zealand, as part of a team of experts, guiding and leading the business around knowledge of competitor ingredients and Consumer Science Research for Fonterra products globally!
Reporting to the Manager – Consumer Science, in this 12 month fixed term role, your main responsibilities will be to provide expert sensory and consumer science research, utilising your skills, networks and experience to promote awareness and influence project design to accomplish business objectives in this area.
With your passion for proactive strategic leadership you will continue to evaluate new sensory and consumer science methodologies, adapting to research needs and continue to be at the forefront of innovative advancement in this field.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work with the only truly totally integrated research and development team in the dairy industry, working from lab bench to end product, concept to commercialisation, end to end delivery.
It’s challenging, it’s exciting; it’s your next step in your career in the dairy industry!
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will ideally possess:
- Proven strong sensory science and consumer science expertise and delivery within a commercial food environment.
- Proven experience in sensory and consumer science methods throughout product lifecycle (from concept to commercialisation), shelf life and quality control.
- Strong business acumen and commercial nous across national and overseas food markets.
- An ability to translate customer and consumer needs to product attributes in New Product Development.
- Proven ability to influence without authority to a senior management level on sensory and consumer structure and direction.
- Leadership in method assessment and application
- Strong, persuasive written and verbal communication skills
A first degree in food science or a relevant area with a focus on sensory and consumer science is essential, as is a proven track record in the sensory and consumer sciences; a relevant postgraduate qualification would be advantageous.
For more information or to apply for this role please click here