JOB OPPORTUNITY AT FONTERRA, New Zealand
SENSORY TECHNICAL OFFICER – SENSORY TECHNOLOGIST
Applications close – Midnight Tuesday 8th March 2016
- Use your expertise in sensory and food science in this interesting 6 month fixed term contract role
- Showcase your highly influential communication skills with a broad range of stakeholders
- Work for Fonterra at their world class Research and Development Centre in Palmerston North
The Business Unit
The Fonterra Research and Development Centre is one of the largest research facilities in the world. Dedicated to dairy, it is home to around 100 PhD qualified scientists, technologists and engineers, many of whom are the world’s leading experts in dairy science.
Based in Palmerston North and reporting to the Manager Sensory Technical, the main purpose of this 6 month fixed term contract role is to provide outstanding technical support for research, contributing to and delivering outputs to research teams that lead to sustained significant commercial value to Fonterra.
Some key responsibilities of the role may include:
- Liaising internally to set up and deliver technical support based on research requirements, and providing results and feedback to the business
- Aiding the concept and development of innovation pipelines, business support and capability enablement
- Providing influence and technical expertise to successfully aid research and sensory panel leadership
- Trouble shooting and resolving issues and to provide training where necessary to facilitate the delivery of quality data
Skills and experience
In order to hit the ground running in this busy role, you will have the following:
- Previous experience in the sensory field preferably from a dairy or food environment
- Knowledge of the design and delivery of quality sensory technical support.
- Experience in training or co-coordinating teams
- Proven influencing skills, with the ability to motivate large groups
- The ability to be an enthusiastic, adaptable and a strong communicator in order to deliver project outcomes
A degree qualification in sensory, dairy or food science is highly regarded for this role.
For a position description please click here
I’M HIRING!! – Fantastic 6 month contract opportunity as a Sensory Technologist with Fonterra in Palmerston North!
Provide outstanding technical support for sensory research based at the world class Fonterra Research and Development Centre! – For more information, click the link – https://fonterra.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=24649&src=SNS-12000