Job opportunity at Coca Cola
Senior Scientist Product Guidance (Brussels, Belgium)
The Coca‐Cola Company is the world’s largest drink company, refreshing consumer with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. To support the acceleration of the move to a total beverage company we are recruiting a new “Senior Scientist Product Guidance” based in Brussels
The Research and Development center located in Brussels is one of the main R&D centers of the Coca‐Cola Company. We are in charge of the development of new beverages (CSD, juices, iced teas, water, dairy…), packages and retail equipment innovation for Europe, Eurasia, Middle East and Africa.
The individual will be responsible for understanding and defining the fundamental consumer and sensory requirements for specific beverages categories, and mastering and implementing appropriate research proposals for optimum product development. He (she) will also generate products related knowledge, market understanding and consumer insight to support our 3 years product, packaging and retail equipment innovation pipeline for Europe, Eurasia, Middle East and Africa.
Create insight to Support end to end consumer centric innovation.
- Define solution options based on in-depth understanding of the consumer needs and competitive landscape.
- Conduct competitor benchmarking and product evaluation to understand the competitive landscape
- Understand and define fundamental consumer/sensory requirements of your categories and inject the knowledge into product development.
- Develop, plan and implement research proposals to gain actionable sensory and consumer insights in order to provide technical guidance to the product development team and business unit.
- Provide recommendations on business solutions based on strong technical consumer research and deep understanding of business environment. Identify, evaluate and mitigate technical risks along the research process to increase confidence in final business decisions.
- Create research design, implement and gather data, analyse and interpret them using appropriate statistical techniques (including parametric and non-parametric methods, ANOVA, factorial analysis and modelling tools)
- Work as a close partner with the R&D, Marketing and Knowledge Insight team. Actively support the 3 years innovation strategy by providing insights and recommendations based on deep understanding of consumer & competitive landscape.
- Continuous review and development of current best practices, research methodologies and development of creative solutions to complex challenges
- Mentor and train colleagues on new methodologies and skills to continuously improve the competence of the team
- MS/ PhD in market research, food or sensory science, behavioural psychology or related fields
- 8+ years of relevant experience in sensory or consumer research
- Recognised expertise in at least one area linked to technical consumer research : statistics, cognitive science, psychology, sociology or consumer research
- Proven track record in delivering consumer centric results working in a matrix organization including R&D, Marketing and Knowledge insight.
- Strong consumer mind set with the ability to see the link between solutions and consumers
- Experience in consumer research and sensory methodologies and sound understanding of the underlying statistics
- Process oriented
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent communicator
- Able to apply technical knowledge and establish credibility with highly technical audiences in order to build technical relationships that will benefit customers or the Company and with non-technical audiences in order to influence decision makers
- Strong and proactive team player, enthusiastic, creative and curious
- Conceptual, data driven, analytically strong
- Able to mentor and coach team members and peers
- Fluent in English. An additional language is a plus
- Travel required : 10-20%
To apply for this position please send you CV & application letter to: