Job opportunity at AZTI-Tecnalia (Derio, Bizkaia, Spain)
Expert researcher in consumer behaviour and preferences in the food sector
Application open until 23 March 2018
AZTI-Tecnalia (http://www.azti.es) is a non-profit private foundation committed to the social and economic development of the marine environment and food sector. With 30 years of experience and 240 professional staff, the organization has developed more than 2.000 projects with industries and public institutions, including 25 European projects running at present. AZTI is part of Tecnalia Corporation (http://www.tecnalia.es) and as research and innovation Centre is structured in two business divisions: Marine Research and Food Research.
We are looking for a person with experience in projects related to research into consumer behaviour and market research: qualitative (focus group, construction of new food concepts, etc.) and quantitative (consumer segmentation, sensory methodologies, testing organisation, etc.) consumer research.
- University degree, preferably in Social Sciences, Marketing, Psychology, Food Science and Technology, Business Studies, Exact Sciences (Statistics), Computer Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or similar with a specialisation in consumer behaviour studies.
- At least 2 years proven experience in projects related to research into consumer behaviour.
- Experience in market research: qualitative (focus group, construction of new food concepts, etc.) and quantitative (consumer segmentation, sensory methodologies, testing organisation, etc.) consumer research.
- Extensive experience in the design of questionnaires related to market and consumer studies (preferences, drivers of consumption, their motivations, emotions, product maps, sensory profiles of products, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication in English/Spanish
Desired skills and experience
- Holding a doctorate degree in sensory and consumer/user sciences or related areas.
- Master’s Degree in Models and Areas of Research in Social Sciences, Marketing, Sensory and Consumer Sciences or a related area.
- Relevant internships at foreign research centres.
- Extensive knowledge and use of statistical data analysis tools such as: XLStat, SPSS, Statgraphics, R Statistical Software, Software FIZZ-Networking.
- New sensory methodologies and technologies (neurosciences) applied to consumer behaviour, data acquisition and interpretation.
- Research lines into consumer behaviour and preferences in the food sector.
- Defining research proposals and reports, national and international calls for funding, managing projects (technical and economic) and information related to them, R&D results, technical reports, preliminary research, patents and dissemination information.
- Managing and leading at least one work group in international projects
- Scientific papers, patents and oral communications presented at national and international congresses in the field of market and consumer studies.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Driving licence
All information to apply to this position is on:
In addition, please send your CV to Dr. Begoña Alfaro (AZTI) email@example.com