Deadline extended to Friday August 24th, 2018
The researcher sending in the best pitch will be awarded with a ticket to the gala dinner for the Eurosense conference, plus €100 cash prize. The lucky winner will also be announced during the E3S award ceremony at Eurosense 2018, and their video will be played during the conference.
The video should be 2 minutes long, and include the following content:
- Introduce who you are and your academic/industry association
- Your main sensory and/or consumer research interest/s and the relevance of your research
- Evidencing the wider impact and implications of your research
- In English using generic sensory science language (no specific technical language without explanation)
- Recorded in a talking head style (not containing any graphics or special effects)
Note that the quality of the video is not being judged, and the video can be recorded using a simple camera such as that found on a smartphone.
Videos will be judged on presentation style and content: originality, clarity and the discussion of the implication of the research will be assessed.
Pitches should be based on a recent sensory research study or an entire research project containing sensory work.
Entrants must be enrolled at a University in a E3S member country (including students that that were enrolled at a University and defended their thesis since October 2017) and be an E3S member belong to a national sensory science society to be eligible to enter the competition.
The deadline for sending in the video entries is August 12th 2018.
You can upload your video to Dropbox:
- Share a new specific folder with (E3Sstudents@e3sensory.eu).
- Give E3Sstudents@e3sensory.eu permission to edit the folder chose: “can edit”
- The folder name should contain your name and affiliation (university and country)
- When you share a folder there is an option to type a message, please mention: your name, email, affiliation, name of national sensory science society, and the title of your video.
- Upload your video as a zip- file to the folder.
If you have any queries please contact the competition organisers: Marlou Lasschuijt (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Roelien Van Bommel (email@example.com) – please do not send video to these email accounts.
Disclaimer-Entrants must assure approval of partners involved in project, and ensure no confidential information is contained, and video submissions will become publicly accessible on the E3S website.
We look forward to seeing your entries soon