In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the E3S would like to remind members of the following points when considering Sensory and Consumer testing:
- Each country is at a different stage in the pandemic and are facing slightly different challenges so please follow your own country’s government advice, legislation and public health guidelines.
- Consider your social responsibility the ethical considerations surrounding any testing during this pandemic. The health and safety of your panellists is your responsibility and is of paramount importance – do not put your panellists at any unnecessary risk.
- If considering Home-Use Testing or online methods of consumer evaluation (e.g. focus groups):
- the delivery of samples should abide by good practices as per the health authority’s advice. In these cases, please consider the risks associated for your employees/contractors with the delivery of samples.
- context effects/bias prompted by the reigning situation will be also expected in these cases and should be noted in the validity of the resulting data.