5th European Conference on Sensory and Consumer Research
A SENSE OF INSPIRATION
9-12 September 2012
On behalf of the organizing and scientific committees, we would like to invite you to join us at the 5th European Conference on Sensory and Consumer Research A Sense of Inspiration.
Inspiring ideas, thoughts, words, discussions; inspiring people: new ways of thinking, creativity and curiosity are important drivers in all research fields, as well as in the development of new products, methods, processes or technologies.
As for the fields of Sensory Science and Consumer Research, an in-depth understanding of what is behind consumer choice has proven to be crucial, in order to offer products satisfying their demands. The complexity related to consumer choice can only be understood by the use of new and multidisciplinary approaches allowing better understanding of consumer behaviour and the determination of adequate responses.
This conference will be an inspiring opportunity to gain insight into the newest findings in sensory science and consumer research.
The conference programme will be organized around the following major topics:
- How does the physiology of the senses influence perception?
- How does sensory science bring understanding to consumer insights and help to explain consumer diversity?
- How do emotions impact liking?
- How can we explore the full consumer product experience?
- How can we improve the value of sensory science with innovation in methods?
- How can faster, cheaper methods give us reliable results?
- How is sensory and consumer science relevant to health and nutrition behaviour?
- How can we communicate sensory and nutritional benefits to consumers?
- How can we take account of risk assessment, legislation and ethical issues in applied sensory science?
Patrizia Piccinali, Agroscope Liebefeld-Posieux ALP, Switzerland
Annette Bongartz, ZHAW – Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
Important conference deadline
Abstract Submission deadline: Friday 16 March, 2012
Author Registration deadline: Friday 15 June, 2012
Further information: Eurosense 2012